-41% of people believe that self-harm is selfish.
-55% of people believe that it is stupid.
-43% of people know someone that has self-harmed.
1 in 10 people have harmed themselves by the age of 16.
Self-harm does not make you suicidal.
It does not make you emo.
It is simply a way that many use to rid themselves of stress or pain or whatever it may be.
Over 3 million people in the US have self-harmed or still do.
Cutting is not just a girl’s disorder.
Anyone can do it.
Males, females, and persons that don’t fit into the gender binary.
And it is not just teens, either.
Both Princess Diana and Johnny Depp have gone through it.
The person who always seems “so happy” could be victim to it.
There are other forms of self-harm besides cutting or mutilation.
Some people don’t realize they’re doing it.
Some people don’t think it’s wrong.
Some people become addicted.
People don’t hide their cuts or marks hoping someone will find them
…unless they actually want help to get better.
It’s often hidden because they’re afraid of someone seeing.
An orange ribbon is used as a self-harm awareness symbol.
Those suffering from it..
…have been through it
…or support it
often wear one.
You do not have to have gone through anything like this to support it.
Sometimes all people want to know is that they’re not alone.
Don’t judge someone based on the marks they have on their arms.
You don’t know what they’ve been through.
Rather, be proud of them for making through it.
Life can be a bitch.
(via romangm1)Source: mybeautifulparanoiax
- candithelezi reblogged this from butterflymethod
- skadieland reblogged this from deareddieleavemebe
- typical-niall likes this
- guitar-melodies reblogged this from andehpandeh
- crxvings likes this
- a-wolf-without-a-pack reblogged this from andehpandeh
- sadbutfab18 likes this
- deareddieleavemebe reblogged this from bringmetotheveil
- thenewboydahlia reblogged this from bringmetotheveil
- thenewboydahlia likes this
- shelby6 likes this
- queend0ra likes this
- bringmetotheveil reblogged this from andehpandeh
- skeptical-mind reblogged this from overxxsposed
- overxxsposed reblogged this from xsquaddle
- fromthestars-tonight likes this
- cold-yetbeautiful reblogged this from andehpandeh
- xsquaddle reblogged this from vintage-shamrock
- emo-angel96 likes this
- sorroundinq reblogged this from forgehting
- retro-stereos likes this
- thesparklingunicorn likes this
- the-brightside-of-me reblogged this from vintage-shamrock
- forgehting reblogged this from andehpandeh
- ohheyitspearl reblogged this from fallinginfuentes
- vintage-shamrock reblogged this from fallinginfuentes
- vintage-shamrock likes this
- reachforthemstarz likes this
- fallinginfuentes reblogged this from andehpandeh and added:
- lets-love-for-tonight reblogged this from andehpandeh
- andehpandeh reblogged this from rawrimakelsey
- lettinglifego reblogged this from mybeautifulparanoiax
- nataliejaneh reblogged this from mybeautifulparanoiax
- kayla-dawne reblogged this from peace-is-in-the-hippie
- fighterwonderlandstories reblogged this from orange-ribbon-campaign-official
- fighterwonderlandstories likes this
- hmmcassy reblogged this from sh0rtstuffcassy
- andehpandeh likes this
- jordynkayee reblogged this from h0pes-high
- h0pes-high reblogged this from peace-is-in-the-hippie
- jitters3783 likes this
- flowerr--child reblogged this from peace-is-in-the-hippie
- ramblingguitar likes this
- untamedforevermore likes this
- turquoise-fish likes this
- stonie-balogna reblogged this from peace-is-in-the-hippie
- peace-is-in-the-hippie reblogged this from finnadieandlive
- agustina-wt reblogged this from fuckinskinnyliciousok
- pastelomfg22 reblogged this from acorpsesheartbeat
- maybeitsmarceline likes this